Skagit Shooting Range Customer Service Specialist
Date Posted: 9/19/2020
We’re looking to add a highly motivated self-starter to our range team. Our ideal hire would be a team player suited to working in a constantly changing environment. On days when the range is slower, you’d show initiative and tackle in-house chores to help keep the range functioning in peak condition. When it’s go time, you can manage a crowd: keeping an updated waiting list, communicating with the Range Safety Officer to assess lane availability, checking in large groups and determining who will need the most assistance, and the ability to correct unsafe customer behavior with confidence and firmness.
- Engage all customers in a friendly and professional manner, provide superior customer service by assisting customers with range check-in/out, aid in selecting firearms appropriate to customer’s skill level, and sell all products- memberships, merchandise, classes, etc.
- Ability to operate, demonstrate, and explain merchandise. Stay current on product knowledge and be able to answer customer questions.
- Ability to operate electronic equipment – computers, POS/IMS systems, inventory scanners & phones.
- Work with other staff members in keeping the range lobby, restrooms, and other areas clean & presentable.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Minimum 1 year retail experience. Experience with POS and IMS systems necessary.
- Able to qualify for a Washington Concealed Carry Permit.
- Must be energetic, a self-starter, have a clean/professional appearance, be able to communicate, multitask, and give exceptional customer service. General firearm and safety knowledge necessary.
- Must be dependable, reliable and punctual.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. High school diploma or equivalent.
- PT only – 15-20 hours weekly, some benefits. $14 starting hourly
- In-store discounts for both store and range
- Free ammo
- Participation in range events such as Action Shooting, Hot Shots, GSSF Match, etc.
If interested please download PDF application, print and bring into the range to schedule interview.
Click here to download application (PDF)