Range Safety Officer as of 07/07/2021
We’re looking to add a highly motivated self-starter to our range team. Our ideal hire would be a team player suited to working in a constantly changing environment. Range Safety Officers are responsible to ensure customers are handling firearms safely and properly.
- Engage all customers in a friendly and professional manner, provide superior customer service by assisting customers with range check-in/out, aid in selecting firearms appropriate to customer’s skill level, and sell all products- memberships, merchandise, classes, etc.
- Ability to operate, demonstrate, and explain merchandise. Stay current on product knowledge and be able to answer customer questions.
- Ability to operate electronic equipment – computers, POS/IMS systems, inventory scanners & phones.
- Work with other staff members to keep the range lobby, restrooms, and other areas clean & presentable.
- Control the firing line.
- Maintain order on the range.
- Ensure that shooters follow range regulations and give corrections accordingly.
- Maintain the security of firearms and equipment on the range.
- Conduct basic inspection procedures for all range sections, including backstops, target cable system, and frames, downrange area, etc.
- Help educate range users about the range and shooting rules and enforce the rules when necessary.
- Conduct range safety briefings for shooting events and orientation for new users.
- Are to be informed/consulted about any range maintenance issues.
- Respond and manage appropriately to emergency situations.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Minimum 1-year retail experience. Experience with POS and IMS systems necessary.
- Able to qualify for a Washington Concealed Carry Permit.
- Must be energetic, a self-starter, have a clean/professional appearance, be able to communicate, multitask, and give exceptional customer service. General firearm and safety knowledge necessary.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and punctual.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required. High school diploma or equivalent.
- PT & FT available – 32+ hours weekly, some benefits.
- In-store discounts for both gun shop and range
- Participation in range events & classes such as Action Shooting, Hot Shots, GSSF Match, etc. at no cost.
If interested please download the PDF application, print and bring it into the range to schedule an interview.
Click here to download the application (PDF)