Range Safety Officer – Open until filled
We’re looking to add a highly motivated self-starter to our range team. Our ideal hire would be a team player suited to working in a constantly changing environment. Range Safety Officers are responsible to ensure customers are handling firearms safely and properly.
- Engage all customers in a friendly and professional manner, provide superior customer service by assisting customers with range check-in/out, aid in selecting firearms appropriate to customer’s skill level, and sell all products- memberships, merchandise, classes, etc.
- Ability to operate, demonstrate, and explain merchandise. Stay current on product knowledge and be able to answer customer questions.
- Ability to operate electronic equipment – computers, POS/IMS systems, inventory scanners & phones.
- Work with other staff members to keep the range lobby, restrooms, and other areas clean & presentable.
- Control the firing line.
- Maintain order on the range.
- Ensure that shooters follow range regulations and give corrections accordingly.
- Maintain the security of firearms and equipment on the range.
- Conduct basic inspection procedures for all range sections, including backstops, target cable system and frames, downrange area, etc.
- Help educate range users about range and shooting rules and enforce the rules when necessary.
- Conduct range safety briefings for shooting events and orientation for new users.
- Are to be informed/consulted about any range maintenance issues.
- Respond and manage appropriately to emergency situations.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Minimum 1-year retail experience. Experience with POS and IMS systems necessary.
- Able to qualify for a Washington Concealed Carry Permit.
- Must be energetic, a self-starter, have a clean/professional appearance, be able to communicate, multitask, and give exceptional customer service. General firearm and safety knowledge necessary.
- Must be dependable, reliable and punctual.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. High school diploma or equivalent.
- PT only – 24-32 hours weekly, some benefits.
- In-store discounts for both store and range.
- Free ammo monthly
- Participation in range events such as Action Shooting, Hot Shots, GSSF Match, etc. at no cost.
Job Type: Part-time, 24-32 hr/week | $14.00-16.00 / hr.
If interested please download PDF application, print and bring into the range to schedule interview.
Click here to download application (PDF)